Cookie dough as a cake?
I know right? I’d never thought about it before AND with Peanut Butter!
To be honest I’m not a peanut butter fan – on it’s own – but OMG it’s so good in cakes and even better in this recipe, lathered with chocolate.
This recipe is so simple which I found, however I have put my own twist to it which means it’s got minimal ingredients and ingredients you can find (which I love!) and no baking….so it’s raw, delicious and easy!
Have a go and let me know what you think.
What you’ll need:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. golden syrup
- 2 and 1/2 Tbsp.sunflower oil
- 5 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate
- For the topping:
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. peannut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
What to do:
- Put the plain flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the golden syrup, sunflower oil, peanut butter, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Put your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, and mix it all up. Add your chocolate and give it a good old mix – it should turn into a dough like mixture (funnily enough!)
- Line a 8″ square pan with baking paper. Press your dough into the pan, and flatten with your hands. The put into the freezer for 20 minutes (don’t forget it like I usually do!)
To make the topping:
- Melt your chocolate, peanut butter, and vegan margarine in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals or in a pan but only on a low heat and mix to combine.
- Then carefully pour your chocolate over your cookie dough, and place in the fridge to set (shouldn’t take more than an hour)
- Cut into squares, and store in an air tight container in the fridge (if it’s a little warm outside).
Easy and lovely!